Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Champagne & Chocolate...YUMMY!

Mmmmm...bubbly champagne...rich chocolate...sounds delicious, no? It does. For sure. I'm not talking about edible champagne and chocolate though, I'm talking about the wedding colors! The big day is less than 3 months away and I couldn't be more excited!

So much has been done and as we get closer there are still so many small, last minute things to do. The menu is planned. The photographer is booked. The flowers are ordered. The bridesmaid dresses have been distributed and my dress is waiting to be altered. This week we are picking out tuxes for the menfolk and by "we" I mean him. I'm just there for support but seriously, this is all him. I picked out my dress without his opinion, he gets to pick out his tux. I'd let him do it alone but he wants me there. We're tight like that.

The bridesmaid dresses are a gorgeous champagne color with a chocolate sash around the waist. They are halter and somewhat mermaid-y and they honestly look good on everyone. They won't ever be worn again so I won't pretend that they can be cut off and worn somewhere else because let's face it, not gonna happen. They are beautiful though, or at least I think they are, and they will look beautiful on the beautiful women who will be standing with me.

We had our first wedding event this past weekend, the stock the bar party. We had an awesome time and we are so grateful for our friends for putting it together for us. We were thrilled that everyone got along so wonderfully. It was like they had all been friends forever! And our bar? Oh honey, it is stocked. We have 3 bottles of grey goose, 2 bottles of captain morgan's, a bacardi, a wild turkey, a knob creek, a blueberry vodka, a jagermeister, and a Berringer. Anyone need a night cap?

We are so excited about the way it is all coming together. I think we will accomplish our goal of simple and classic. It won't be over-the-top, we aren't wasting money, and it won't be anything that people talk about forever and ever. However, it will be exactly what we want and we will remember it forever and ever and that's perfect. After all, that is the point, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. it is so true we are two lucky people to have friends like that, and I'm the luckiest one of all to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete