Friday, July 3, 2009

Life Changes

In the first half of 2009 I have experienced several life changes, good and bad. I started using the word fiancee to discribe my boyfriend. I moved in with said fiancee and began cohabitating for the first time. This living arrangement marked the first time in over 10 years that I have shared living quarters with a male...since I moved out of my dad's house! I went back to school and started taking online classes. I suddenly lost my grandma in late May. I introduced words like lymphoma, Waldenstrom and chemotherapy into my every day vocabulary. I learned more about IgM levels, bone marrow biopsies, PET scans, and plasmapheresis then I ever cared to know. I watched my mother sit in a beauty salon and get her patchy, thinning hair shaved off with a pair of clippers. I tried on wedding dresses and veils. I became a dog owner when I "adopted" my soon-to-be "step daughter". I combined checking accounts with another person. I went 6 months without using 1 single vacation day. And now, suddenly, it's July and the downhill slide into 2010 has begun. I think about all that's happened so far this year and look ahead to the next 6 months with excitement, anticipation and a little bit of fear. I know I'm going to get married in October. I know I'm going to have bridal showers and bachelorette parties in my honor. I know I'm taking a vacation to Puerto Rico. I also know I am going to try my hand at blogging. But there is a lot I don't know. It's the unexpected events that I fear. But who knows, they may be awesome. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you've joined the blogging world. You've got lots to write about! Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete